In search of creators, inventors, hobbyists, Makers of all kinds!
Do you have some cool creation that you’d like to share with the world? How about an unusual hobby or interest? The OC Mini Maker Faire is a place for all those with a Do-it-Yourself attitude and a desire to share ideas with an appreciative audience.
We strongly encourage hands-on, interactive exhibits where people can learn how to make or do something, play with concepts, manipulate things and come away saying, “That was cool, I want to do that at home!”
Here’s a list of the kinds of things we’re looking for, the more inventive and unusual, the better!
- Modified vehicles including: bikes, skateboards, cars, roller skates, go carts, kinetic sculptures…
- Robotics big or small
- Fiber Arts including: crochet, knitting, sewing, felting, yarn bombing…
- Music – got a snow shovel that you made into an electric guitar? How about circuit bending? PVC pipe organ? Bring it!
- Interactive Art
- Student Projects, get a group together and make something cool!
- 3D printers
- Flying things
- Roller coasters
- Homesteading: cheese making, beekeeping, jarring, canning, chickens, organic gardening, grey water, solar power
- Architectural projects
- How to fix things or take them apart
They sky is the lim…. nope, no limits!!
Fill out this Maker Application and come join us for a day of amazement, commeraderie and inspiration!
Makers who wish to sell only, please be aware that there will be limited spaces in the Mini Market and preference will be given to those who include a hands-on activity or interactive element to their booth.
The Call for Makers will close on July 6th, 2013.