Fiscal Sponsorship Opportunities
Becoming a sponsor of the OC Mini Maker Faire is a great way for your company or organization to get in on the ground floor of this exciting and enriching community and family-oriented event.
There are several sponsorship levels that will help us create a great event and help promote your business, cause, or organization.
- Help us buy basic supplies for the event for $250
- Support a hands-on activity for $500
- Host a hands-on activity, demo or vendor booth for $750
- Be a major sponsor of the OC Mini Maker Faire for $1,000
Recognition of your support includes:
- Exhibit space at the event. (Beginning at the $750 level)
- Logo on print materials: poster, postcards and flyers. (Beginning at the $500 level)
- Logo displayed at a booth (Beginning at $500 level)
- Logo and link on homepage of website. (All levels)
- Logo and link on sponsor page of website. (All levels)
- Logo on outbound emails. (All levels)
- Thank you on emails to Makers. (All levels)
- Mention in press release(s). (All levels)
- Thank you on Twitter, Google+ and Facebook. (All levels)
- free tickets. (varies with sponsorship level)
Discover the Maker in Yourself
There are 3,010,232 creative people in Orange County and we want to bring you together to share your passions. We believe that when this happens you’ll not only inspire each other but everyone around you. Join the movement, discover the Maker in yourself.
Imagine an event that is fun and entertaining for the whole family, but is also informative, educational and full of hands-on activities. An event that includes science, technology, art, engineering, toys and music. An event that will inspire people to explore, experiment, invent and look at the world in a whole new way.
Imagine the possibilities at the OC Mini Maker Faire.
The OC Mini Maker Faire is an amazing new annual event in Orange County that is both entertaining and educational for the whole family, and a great place for your organization to gain publicity among a targeted audience.
Our mission, as part of the Maker Faire movement, is to connect, inform and facilitate a Maker community in Orange County, Calif. and to help people discover the Maker in themselves. Madly Making Orange, LLC was created specifically to bring such an event to Orange County. However, we cannot do this alone – we need your help. We are offering sponsorship opportunities to selected businesses whom we feel represent the Maker spirit and can benefit from, as well as contribute to, the Maker community.
Who is a Maker?
- Makers are people who embrace the do-it-yourself spirit whether individually, or in teams.
- Makers create, build, invent, re-purpose, hack, alter or otherwise change and improve the world around them through thinking and creativity.
- Makers use Arduino, circuit boards, wood, clay, fabric, LEDs, metal, plastic, robotics, yarn, sewing machines, computers, hot glue guns, paint, batteries, fire, electricity, recyclables – just about anything you can imagine.
When and where is the OC Mini Maker Faire happening?
- When: Saturday August 17, 2013 from 10:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
- Where: The Beall Center for Art + Technology at the University of California, Irvine is graciously hosting the first annual OC Mini Maker Faire. They are very excited to be a part of this ground-breaking festival of innovation.
The original Bay Area Maker Faire celebrated its inaugural event in San Mateo, Calif. in 2006. By 2011, just five years later, it had grown to over 100,000 attendees and 800+ exhibitors. During 2010 two new major Maker Faires were launched in New York and Detroit, with tremendous success.
Now Maker Faire is encouraging individuals to organize Mini Maker Faires in their own communities to help expand and unite Makers around the world.
Some things being said about the Maker movement:
“…the gathering of folks from all walks of life who blend science, technology, craft and art to make things both goofy and grand.” -New York Times
“If you teach people to do things through science and technology, they do,” Savage said. “And kids find it most exciting of all.” -Adam Savage in an interview with PBS News Hour Extra
The OC Mini Maker Faire is independently organized and operated under license from Maker Media, Inc.