By core team member Pam Dowling
“You have totally inspired me. I can do this. I’m going to crochet Christmas gifts this year.”
~Attendee in the Fiber Arts Room
And that was what it was all about, inspiring each other and discovery.
“I did not know you could do that.”
~Dad attendee in the Fiber Arts Room when his son sat down and started knitting with no help.
It was crazy.
“I NEED A BREAK!” shouted Michelle Jensen, Swap-O-Rama at once point. We got her one.
Fears were faced by many.
“Oh no, oh no I can’t do that, I’ll mess up!”
~Attendee in the Fiber Arts Room. She did hold a pair of knitting needles and took home some yarn and instructions.
“Thank you so much.“
It was amazing, crazy, scary and showed off the good side of humanity. People were sharing, creating, inspiring, helping and just being.
- Bequi and James took me up on the dare
- Amanda is the hardest working person I know
- Anna gave the financial jump start
- Samantha gave invaluable guidance, support and wanted this adventure
- Michelle created the Swap-O-Rama
- Paige kept those volunteers working
- All the Attendees that had interest in coming
- THE MAKERS sharing their passion
Give or take a few thousand details
Creating a Minimaker Faire is not something you do. It is something you experience. I am so blessed to have been fortunate enough to be a part of it all. It is a memory I hold close to my heart.
And now for next year…